|author||Georg Kunz <email@example.com>||2018-08-28 20:43:23 +0200|
|committer||Georg Kunz <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2018-08-29 08:18:25 +0000|
diff --git a/docs/testing/developer/testcaserequirements/index.rst b/docs/testing/developer/testcaserequirements/index.rst
index 9084462..6171a07 100644
@@ -4,9 +4,9 @@
-OPNFV Verified Program test case requirements
+OVP Test Case Requirements
@@ -16,10 +16,10 @@ OVP Test Suite Purpose and Goals
The OVP test suite is intended to provide a method for validating the
-interfaces and behaviors of an NFVi platform according to the expected
-capabilities exposed in OPNFV. The behavioral foundation evaluated in these
+interfaces and behaviors of an NFVI platform according to the expected
+capabilities exposed in OPNFV. The behavioral foundation evaluated in these
tests should serve to provide a functional baseline for VNF deployment and
-portability across NFVi instances. All OVP tests are available in open source
+portability across NFVI instances. All OVP tests are available in open source
and are executed in open source test frameworks.
@@ -29,7 +29,7 @@ Test case requirements
The following requirements are mandatory for a test to be submitted for
consideration in the OVP test suite:
-- All test cases must be fully documented, in a common format. Please consider
+- All test cases must be fully documented, in a common format. Please consider
the existing :ref:`dovetail-test_case_specification` as examples.
- Clearly identifying the test procedure and expected results / metrics to
@@ -56,7 +56,7 @@ consideration in the OVP test suite:
- Test cases must pass on applicable OPNFV reference deployments and release
- - Tests must not require a specific NFVi platform composition or installation
+ - Tests must not require a specific NFVI platform composition or installation
- Tests and test tools must run independently of the method of platform
@@ -120,21 +120,18 @@ Dovetail Test Suite Naming Convention
Test case naming and structuring must comply with the following conventions.
The fully qualified name of a test case must comprise three sections:
-- **community**: The fully qualified test case name must identify the community
- or upstream project which developed and maintains the test case. For test
- cases originating in OPNFV projects, the community identifier is 'opnfv'.
- Test cases consumed from the OpenStack tempest test suite, are named
- 'tempest', for example.
+- **testproject**: The fully qualified test case name must identify the test
+ project which developed and maintains the test case.
- **test_area**: The fully qualified test case name must identify the test case
- area. For test cases originating in OPNFV projects, the test case area must
- identify the project name.
+ area. The test case area is a single word identifier describing the broader
+ functional scope of a test case, such as ha (high-availability), tempest, vnf,
- **test_case_name**: The fully qualified test case name must include a concise
description of the purpose of the test case.
-An example of a fully qualified test case name is
+An example of a fully qualified test case name is `functest.tempest.compute`.