|author||Sofia Wallin <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2017-02-17 14:00:36 +0100|
|committer||Sofia Wallin <email@example.com>||2017-02-17 14:00:36 +0100|
diff --git a/docs/installationprocedure/virtualinstall.rst b/docs/installationprocedure/virtualinstall.rst
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,69 +0,0 @@
-Installation High-Level Overview - Virtual Deployment
-The VM nodes deployment operates almost the same way as the bare metal
-deployment with a few differences. ``opnfv-deploy`` still deploys an
-undercloud VM. In addition to the undercloud VM a collection of VMs
-(3 control nodes + 2 compute for an HA deployment or 1 control node and 1
-or more compute nodes for a non-HA Deployment) will be defined for the target
-OPNFV deployment. The part of the toolchain that executes IPMI power
-instructions calls into libvirt instead of the IPMI interfaces on baremetal
-servers to operate the power managment. These VMs are then provisioned with
-the same disk images and configuration that baremetal would be. To Triple-O
-these nodes look like they have just built and registered the same way as bare
-metal nodes, the main difference is the use of a libvirt driver for the power
-management. Finally, the default network_settings file will deploy without
-modification. Customizations are welcome but not needed if a generic set of
-network_settings are acceptable.
-Installation Guide - Virtual Deployment
-This section goes step-by-step on how to correctly install and provision the
-OPNFV target system to VM nodes.
-Follow the instructions in the `Install Bare Metal Jumphost`_ section.
-You are now ready to deploy OPNFV!
-``opnfv-deploy`` has virtual deployment capability that includes all of
-the configuration nessesary to deploy OPNFV with no modifications.
-If no modifications are made to the included configurations the target
-environment will deploy with the following architecture:
- - 1 undercloud VM
- - The option of 3 control and 2 or more compute VMs (HA Deploy / default)
- or 1 control and 1 or more compute VM (Non-HA deploy / pass -n)
- - 1-5 networks: provisioning, private tenant networking, external, storage
- and internal API. The API, storage and tenant networking networks can be
- collapsed onto the provisioning network.
-Follow the steps below to execute:
-1. ``sudo opnfv-deploy -v [ --virtual-computes n ]
- [ --virtual-cpus n ] [ --virtual-ram n ]
- -n network_settings.yaml -d deploy_settings.yaml``
-2. It will take approximately 45 minutes to an hour to stand up undercloud,
- define the target virtual machines, configure the deployment and execute
- the deployment. You will notice different outputs in your shell.
-3. When the deployment is complete the IP for the undercloud and a url for the
- OpenStack dashboard will be displayed
-Verifying the Setup - VMs
-To verify the set you can follow the instructions in the `Verifying the Setup`_
-.. _`Install Bare Metal Jumphost`: index.html#install-bare-metal-jumphost
-.. _`Verifying the Setup`: index.html#verifying-the-setup