aboutsummaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorRyan Hallisey <rhallise@redhat.com>2016-03-05 01:28:24 +0000
committerRyan Hallisey <rhallise@redhat.com>2016-03-09 16:23:07 +0000
commit41a333f8743432ba85147ca3070d690a69ec4781 (patch)
treec32d16f4edd28d6e8c1a8a94ac7784f997feb11d
parent91c5c470890f1716e70ca50a72ff7431e6fac08a (diff)
Allow the containerized compute node to spawn larger VMs
Atomic's root partition & logical volume defaults to 3G. In order to launch larger VMs, we need to enlarge the root logical volume and scale down the docker_pool logical volume. We are allocating 80% of the disk space for vm data and the remaining 20% for docker images. Change-Id: If3fff78f476de23c7c51741a49bae227f2cdfe3e Co-authored-by: Ian Main <imain@redhat.com> Co-authored-by: Jeff Peeler <jpeeler@redhat.com>
-rw-r--r--docker/firstboot/start_docker_agents.sh19
1 files changed, 19 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/docker/firstboot/start_docker_agents.sh b/docker/firstboot/start_docker_agents.sh
index 963c7ee..bb458a6 100644
--- a/docker/firstboot/start_docker_agents.sh
+++ b/docker/firstboot/start_docker_agents.sh
@@ -73,3 +73,22 @@ chmod 0640 /etc/systemd/system/heat-docker-agents.service
# Disable NetworkManager and let the ifup/down scripts work properly.
/usr/bin/systemctl disable NetworkManager
/usr/bin/systemctl stop NetworkManager
+
+# Atomic's root partition & logical volume defaults to 3G. In order to launch
+# larger VMs, we need to enlarge the root logical volume and scale down the
+# docker_pool logical volume. We are allocating 80% of the disk space for
+# vm data and the remaining 20% for docker images.
+ATOMIC_ROOT='/dev/mapper/atomicos-root'
+ROOT_DEVICE=`pvs -o vg_name,pv_name --no-headings | grep atomicos | awk '{ print $2}'`
+
+growpart $( echo "${ROOT_DEVICE}" | sed -r 's/([^0-9]*)([0-9]+)/\1 \2/' )
+pvresize "${ROOT_DEVICE}"
+lvresize -l +80%FREE "${ATOMIC_ROOT}"
+xfs_growfs "${ATOMIC_ROOT}"
+
+cat <<EOF > /etc/sysconfig/docker-storage-setup
+GROWPART=true
+AUTO_EXTEND_POOL=yes
+POOL_AUTOEXTEND_PERCENT=30
+POOL_AUTOEXTEND_THRESHOLD=70
+EOF